Biatchy Bloggers

Monday, December 04, 2006

black friday


our first thanksgiving turkey - all 23 pounds of it

black friday - day after thanksgiving. queue outside of Coach


'normal' sized seafood platter - wonder what the 'large' seafood platter would look like


alvin, happy after his baked lobsta

My dearest biatches,
Apologies for being absent for the past 2 weeks - I was away on my annual trip to Boston. It was a great trip - loads of fresh seafood (can't get enough
of them littleneck clams), shopping & quality time with my aunt. We had our first thanksgiving turkey (delicious!), all 23 pounds of it - my aunt's neighbour kindly invited the lot of us to spend thanksgiving with them. It's very much like CNY where you just eat eat and eat. In most cases, you start eating at about 4pm and don't stop until about midnight! hahaa...

For those who are a bit ignorant (like me) to a term called 'Black Friday', let me introduce it to you...it's basically the day when businesses who are in the red make enough profits to get their books back into the black, ie. SALES BONANZA. Alvin & I never did this before, but since the stores were opening 1 minute past midnite (to avoid trading on Thanksgiving day, which is against the law in the US), we were there, at the retail outlet, at 4am, ready to shop, BIG TIME. As you can see from the picture of the queue outside of Coach, we weren't the only ones cashing in on the bargains!

It was a great trip - enough time to recharge those batteries and also go broke. I will have to work for the rest of my life to fund my shopping trips, I reckon.

x suannie
 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHIN CHEH!!! You saw SIAN KOR AND UNCLE WOODY!!!!!!

I miss them :-( How are they doing? Please send them my love!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

yes it was a good trip & it's always great to see sian kor & marlat moy! plenty of laughter in the house with marlat around!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

Yo Suan--can't believe you got to the shops at 4 am! I was there around 1 pm...LOL. Spent a couple of hours, then got fed up of jostling with everyone and called it quits.

/J

8:23 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

i think that was the first & last for me, j. some great buys though. but you're right. by noon i was so tired of lining up/ fighting with the next person to get something i wanted in MY size!!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home