Biatchy Bloggers

Monday, June 26, 2006

Dissertations and Waterfalls

Yo folks,

Sorry I haven't been blogging--I've been swamped reading up on British political history between 1880-1945, and that's literally all I have been up to the past few weeks, in preparation for writing the first chapter of my dissertation. Man, if you think politicians these days are inept, check those guys out! As Oscar Wilde didn't say, "To have one world war may be regarded as a misfortune; to have two looks like carelessness."

I won't bore you with all that stuff, but it does account for the fact that I've done nothing at all besides sit in the library and read for the past few weeks, so I have nothing really to blog about. It's not bad being stuck here, though--Ithaca is super-nice in summer, or, as they say here, "Ithaca is Gorges." So I'll leave you all with the trail that I take up to campus whenever I feel like an uphill hike (about 20 minutes, through 5-6 waterfalls):
















OH OH OH, and before I forget, check out this indie Swedish pop singer, who has written the catchiest song I've heard in ages, featuring...wait for it...HAND CLAPPING! Download or play "The Quiz" from Hello Saferide's myspace: www.myspace.com/saferide

Ok, so the lyrics are a bit rough, but give her a break--she's Swedish!

/J

11 Comments:

Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

That looks bloody beautiful. Dammit! And I'm here in my stupid desk looking out at a foggy LA!

Suck a big egg!

~Al

11:12 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

Yeah, the view's not bad, huh? :P

/J

1:52 PM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

hey j,
i can't seem to get through to the song via the link - do i have to be registered at MySpace or something?

your trek certainly beats mine - i only see buses, cars and roads and loads of people. sigh.

oh. and WORK SUCKS TO THE MAX.

-suannie-

1:33 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

Whoops--mea culpa. I mistyped the URL. It should be OK now. Thanks for the heads up, Suan!

/J

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeahhhh realll niiiiccce jan. do you just trek or bring a book with you too. seems like an ideal place to getaway from it all. and have you fallen into any of them gorges yet?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

LOL. My dear Val--would I be blogging if I fell into them? Don't joke, though--at least one student a year dies from an accident in the gorges, and at least one other suicides by jumping into them. (The first year I was here, there were four suicides.) So the nice view is actually kinda deceptive.

P/S: Congratulations--I see from your blog you're dating again. :P

/J

7:44 PM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

ah val,
it has been just a week of me not reading your blog & suddenly it's flooded with so many entries!! you're keeping busy! and ditto to what j wrote - who IS this guy? email with more details! and do we get to see pics or is he going to remain elusive?
suannie

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan - well you could have been one of the few who survived the accidents :P so you should start a cafe or something what with your top cooking skillz and all. EEeee would never have believed it!

Suan - this guy? hmmm he shall remain elusive at this point in time. it's just a bunch of dates...no biggie. I fancy the dutch one more... :P but of course all the ones I fancy are never in the same country...story of my life...

Hugs&Besos,
Val

11:44 PM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

hey val,
does dutch boy likey likey you too? there are all sorts of possibilities if there is a 'spark' between you two. i don't really condone long distance r'ships (i'm sure you know what i mean) but what about a compromise???
suannie

4:36 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

I condone!!!!

:D

~Al

10:31 AM  
Blogger Biatchy Bloggers said...

I don't see what kind of a compromise there can be. Relationships are either LD or not-LD. What's in-between?

But the Dutch are enterprising, so I'm sure he can work something out.... :P

/J

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home